This is a cake I ordered for my daddy’s birthday. I’d been thinking that the Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker fight would be the most appropriate theme!
The “cool” kids, am I right? Any of you see a younger version of yourself in that picture? I know I do! Ha!
1. Frequently re-stock his nightstand with an unused Kleenex box.
2. Leave every tickle spot on your body “open for business” (DON’T play hard to get!).
3. Let him win whenever the two of you race to the end of the driveway.
4. Memorize every line in Francis Ford Coppola’s screenplay Godfather.
5. Treat him to an a capella rendition of the 1968 Guess Who hit “These Eyes,” dedicated to him.
6. Grow a beard (if you can, that is) at least once to show you’re as much of a man as him now.
7. Buy him the Mrs. Doubftire DVD for Father’s Day (or a Starbucks gift card if he hates movies).
8. Hang a celluloid selfie from the rearview mirror in his pickup.
9. Don’t let on that you’re jealous when Daddy hangs out with other siblings instead of you.*
10. Regularly say other people’s daddies suck and he’s Number One.
*Written by real-life sibling Anna (annazipper.tumblr.com).
Excerpt from the original script of The Room